- Hayloft, Farmhouse, East & West are let Saturday to Saturday.
- Cottages are let Friday to Friday.
- Cart Studio is available for short breaks but sorry no Sunday departures.
- Part-weeks are available in larger properties in low season, or if property is not let one month prior to arrival – for last minute prices please ask or see our website for offers
The deposit to secure the reservation is payable within 2 weeks of a provisional booking and, if for a year in advance, before the end of December proceeding the holiday.
Deposits are payable by cheque to Calgary Farmhouse or by credit card over the phone 10am-4pm Mon-Fri.
Deposit amounts as follows:
- £500 Deposit to confirm Beach House
- £100 Deposit to confirm Studios
- £150 Deposit to confirm Lofts
- £250 Deposit to confirm Lime Tree Cottage
- £300 Deposit to confirm Farmhouse
- £400 Deposit to confirm Hayloft
- £125 Deposit to confirm Kittiwake
- £200 Deposit to confirm Dovecote
Outstanding balances are due six weeks prior to arrival date, along with confirmation of ferry time booked & an arrival time at property.
Arrival & Departure days and times:
The accommodation will be available for arrival between 3pm to 6pm, please arrive at The Office in the Calgary Arts Visitor centre in the big carpark to collect keys.
Guests arriving after 6pm will be left directions how to find their property & the keys left in their door.
Departure time is 10am for all bookings, if you plan to leave before this please let us know & leave the keys in the property door.
The Housekeepers will arrive at the larger properties at 10am & start to clean the upstairs while you finish packing downstairs , this is particularly important on a Friday & Saturday When there are a lot of changeovers, thank you for you co-operation.
Where to find your accommodation
- Farmhouse & Hayloft are in the courtyard opposite the Cafe.
- The East & West Lofts are in the courtyard up a flight of stairs above the Café.
- The Cart Studio is in the courtyard at the bottom of the stairs to the Lofts.
- Limetree Cottage is across the road from Calgary Farmhouse.
- Beach House is across the road from the self-catering courtyard and up above Limetree Cottage.
- Dovecote is accessed around the back of the buildings in the back carpark near to the woods
If a booking is cancelled Self catering deposits are non returnable; unless we manage to re-let the property for the full term of let booked.
If the property is re-let then the deposit will be returned less 10% administration charges or transferred to another week in the same year We recommend taking out travel insurance, this is very important in the winter when ferries may be disrupted with stormy weather.
Wi-Fi: is available daily in the Cafe 10.30am to 5pm, and is also available in the courtyard out with gallery opening times. Wi-fi works at The Farmhouse, Hayloft, Cart , East & west Lofts.& Limetree & Beach House. A Wep key is required: “guestsonly “or choose the Open Network Calgary.
Wifi is also available in the Calgary Arts centre Bt Hub –password” calgarywifi “or choose the open Network Calgary Arts
Mobile Phones: There is no mobile phone reception at Calgary Farmhouse we are in a valley, it does work above our Sculpture walk & up the road 200m, the best coverage on the west of Scotland is by Vodaphone other servers may only work in Tobermory.
The office at Calgary Farmhouse is happy to pass on messages to guests tel:01688 400256.
There is a Public Phone box 100m up the road from the Farmhouse .
Shopping: The Café has a small selection of food items for sale: Mull cheese, organic biscuits, teas, coffee, crisps, ice-cream, beer, wine, fresh milk, Tobermory smoked trout & Mull pork sausages, burgers & bacon. The café also serves home baking, teas, coffee & light lunch.
The nearest shops are in Dervaig Village, where there is a post office/corner shop, open Monday to Saturdays 9am-6pm (and briefly on a Sunday 12-2pm).
Tobermory has a Co-op Supermarket open 8am-10pm most days, bakery & fish shop. There are village shops in Salen, Craignure, Bunessan, Pennyghael & Fionnaphort
Petrol: Craignure, Salen, Bunessan & Tobermory have filling stations.
Bikes: are available for hire
£7.50 /half day
£50 /5 days.
BBQ:We now have two mobile half drum BBQs for residents use, please ask the Office if you wish to use one evening. We also sell bags of charcoal at £5 each, or small disposable BBQ @£4 each.